To uphold the standards of the university and the Athletic department, complying with the mission of these units. To provide a positive, competitive environment for the student-athletes as they advance their volleyball knowledge and skills. To grow the student-athlete’s self-confidence and leadership abilities as they work towards achieving their goals through individual hard work and coming together as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Significant or extensive current professional-level experience or specialized expertise directly related to the position.
- Proven leadership abilities through successful collegiate playing and/or coaching experience, e.g. receipt of awards, recognition, and championship experience.
- Skills or competencies related to the sport.
- Ability to transfer technical and tactical knowledge of the game of volleyball to players through positive coaching and teaching methods in individual and team instruction.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse populations and multiple constituencies and develop effective working relationships.
- Masters’s degree is preferred.
- DI coaching and/or playing experience at an academically rigorous institution.