The purpose of this position is to provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all practices and contests.
- Implement and maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental, academic, and athletic expectations.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coach(es).
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend the University of Montevallo.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA conference, the intercollegiate athletics department policy manual and the University.
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings.
- Manage the program with the parameters of an approved budget.
- Coordinate with the Director of Athletics on the hiring of assistant coaches and other support staff for the program.
Licenses, Certification or Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Successful completion of NCAA Coaches Modules per NCAA guidelines.
- Successful completion of First Aid, CPR and AED certifications per NCAA guidelines.