- Ensures integration of volleyball program activities to College mission and culture.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes in order to reach the teams’ target roster size.
- Retains and graduates student-athletes at a rate higher than the overall college rates in order to generate positive net revenue for the college.
- Coaches in a manner that results in successful performance in order to create a positive image of the college in the minds of the community, alumni and other prospective students.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA, MIAC and internal policies and procedures; reports any known or suspected violations promptly to the Director of Athletics.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with the rules, techniques and culture of collegiate volleyball.
- Administers all aspects of the volleyball program including budget, team travel, scheduling and documentation to insure the smooth operation of the teams and efficient use of the college’s resources.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff; provides technical assistance to staff; inspects and evaluates work being performed; identifies problem areas and directs remedial actions to be taken.
- Principles, practices, strategy and tactics of an intercollegiate volleyball program.
- Principles and practices of program planning, development, implementation and administration.
- NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements and recruiting regulations.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Budget and financial record keeping practices.
- Developing and implementing program and project goals, objectives, procedures and work standards.
- Planning, organizing and implementing volleyball athletic programs and activities.
- Providing professional advice and counsel in a respectful and effective manner.
- Exercising sound independent judgment within general procedural guidelines.
- Preparing clear, concise and complete reports, correspondence and other written materials.