- Provide student athletes with the basic education and training of the respective sport, teaching them maneuvers and plays relating to the position in which the player is assigned.
- Help students develop competitive nature, teach them about ethical behavior and good sportsmanship, and assist in the development of leadership skills.
- Implement safe training techniques to help improve skill development.
- Take role in student-athlete academic success in working with Academic Advisor, cover study halls, monitor class attendance, and follow up on progress reports.
- Must be prepared to participate in weekends and occasional overnight games and possible National Tournaments.
- Develop fundraising events and programs to provide finances needed for out of state/spring break trips. Follow all guidelines provided by the institution for undertaking fundraising efforts.
- Serve as one of the college’s Campus Security Authorities, responsible for reporting to Public Safety any activities that may be considered criminal incidences.
- Thorough understanding of modern coaching methods, designing game plans, and assigning student athletes to appropriate positions.
- Assign, monitor and communicate all duties and responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Able to demonstrate effective recruitment techniques and assess talent of players being recruited.
- Defensive driving course and 15-passenger van safety course required upon acceptance of position. Must be able to operate a 15-passenger van for away contests and in some cases home contests off-site.
- DMV and criminal history background check required. Must be in good standing according to the Morris County Risk Management Department.
- Must have a flexible schedule to be present at all practices, home and away games.