A school coach provides the necessary practice, support, supervision and advice for the team to be successful against opposing teams in a sports season.
- Previous experience playing or coaching applicable sport.
- Knowledge with the rules and regulations of the sports they plan on coaching.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Team Working Skills.
- Ability to teach relevant skills, tactics and techniques.
- Monitor performance and provide constructive feedback to both individuals and team.
- Some administrative tasks regarding organization and team information distribution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The coach is responsible for organizing out of season workouts, tryouts and season practices.
- They are to collaborate with the administration and athletic director in regards to all scheduling that impacts the sport.
- The coaching staff is expected to work diligently to field athletic teams with student/athletes that represent BCPS with quality players that show strong character daily.
- It is expected the coaching staff will always be cognizant of the leadership and visibility of a public school coach.