The job of Head Coach is done for the purpose/s of assisting in the designing and implementing the athletic program for the assigned sport, in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; providing supervision of other coaching personnel; providing supervision of students during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving in a liaison capacity for the school and program with other schools both within and/or outside the district, to the community, and to various organizations.
- Analyzes opposition's strategies for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of assessing the opposition's strengths and weaknesses for developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to their role.
- Assists with a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, ) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, ) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Missouri Teaching Certificate, required.
- Background clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required.