ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintaining the volleyball program.
- Supervising volleyball assistant coaches.
- Maintaining positive communication with patrons and parents of athletes and potential athletes.
- Maintaining Volleyball facilities and keeping in good condition.
- Coordinating off-season camps and conditioning programs.
- Encouraging good sportsmanship and enthusiasm for the sport.
- Collaborating with other coaches to ensure a comprehensive approach to athletes.
- Ensuring compliance with MSHAA.
- Maintaining statistics on all players.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the mission and vision of Columbia Public School District.
- A Four-Year College Degree OR Serving as an Approved Assistant Coach (3.1.4.b) (non-Hardship Coach) for a minimum of TWO school years.
- A Professional Teacher’s Certificate OR NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course (online) passed prior to coaching. This course is not sport-specific. This is a one-time requirement.
- Successful completion of a Sports First Aid course prior to coaching and renewed every two years. (See options in Diagram 3.1)
- Successful completion of CPR/AED training prior to coaching and renewed every two years. (See options in Diagram 3.1)
- Background Check including Sex-Offender’s Registry Clearance prior to coaching.
- Board of Education or Board of Governance Approval prior to coaching.
- Successful completion of a Concussion in Sports Course, and review of current concussion information yearly.