The Head Coach is responsible for coaching and recruiting students for assigned athletic event. Behaves and conducts work processes in a manner consistent with the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) coaching standards and the College’s guiding values. Performs all functions and activities within the guidelines and philosophy set forth in the BMCC Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Provides quality coaching and instruction to students participating in the Volleyball program; develops, implements, and teacher related training sessions and techniques.
- Recruit student athletes in accordance with NWAC athletic regulations, conference and college values, and commitment to student success.
- Supervise student athletes on trips and onsite during all program related practices, games, and team functions.
- Creates, maintains and retains records on students, including, but not limited to, athletic eligibility, budgets, transportation.
- Work cooperatively with the Assistant Athletic Director to develop sports schedules; budgets; transportation, housing and meal arrangements; fundraising activities and related tasks.
- In collaboration with Director of Athletics, and Assistant Athletic Director, select qualified assistant coaches and/or volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to teach/coach students effectively and to evaluate their performance in the assigned activity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, professional colleagues from other colleges and the public.
- Requires personal attributes necessary to motivate students, guide the development of appropriate behaviors and values, plus must be able to facilitate the development of technical performance skills.
- Must be sensitive to and understand the diverse socioeconomic, academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Ability to work closely with students to achieve their educational goals.
- Knowledge of principles of athletic conditioning, including weight training and athletic training desired.