Adams State University is seeking a Head Volleyball Coach. The fundamental responsibilities of the Head Coach position includes coaching, organizing and successfully directing the Volleyball program. The primary duty of each Head Coach is to teach, instruct and impart their knowledge of the sport to their student-athletes.
- The Head Coach should be committed to running a long-term successful and stable program.
- The Head Coach should be committed to skill development.
- The Head Coach Coaches shall promote and enforce policies and practices that support the academic success of all student–athletes and their progress toward graduation.
- The Head Coach will use care with all scheduling decisions to provide a quality experience for the student-athletes on their team and be mindful of the academic calendar and requirements.
- The Head Coach shall actively promote the good health and well-being of student-athletes, deferring to the judgment of trainers and other medical advisors regarding a student athlete’s ability to participate in any athletic activity
- The Head Coach shall serve as a key mentor in the lives and careers of their student-athletes, motivating them to be successful academically, athletically, and in their personal lives.
- The Head Coach will manage the day-to-day operations, practice and game preparation, and team travel and will mentor, develop, and evaluate assistant staff members of their program.
- Minimum 3 years of collegiate coaching experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work with various personalities and excellent communication skills required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to strict adherence to NCAA, RMAC, university, and Department rules and regulations as well as a solid commitment to student achievement in academics.
- The successful candidate will be a person of high ethical standards and show initiative and integrity to make important independent decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies in a global environment.