The Head Women's Volleyball Coach reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for planning and administering all aspects of the Women's Volleyball program, under the direction of the Athletic Director, including: Student-Athlete Skill Instruction; Team and Game Preparation; Recruiting; NCAA Rules Compliance; Budgeting and Scheduling; Academics and Community Service; Supervision and Oversight; External Activities and Promotions, and management of the athletic development of the student-athlete through conditioning, practice and competition in Women's Volleyball.
- Promote the Women's Volleyball program in accordance with the institutional mission of Dominican University (DUC) by ensuring the policies and programs developed for Women's Volleyball coincide with institutional guidelines and policies.
- Build and maintain a competitive, high quality NCAA Division II Women's Volleyball program by developing strategies to motivate maximum level of individual and team athletic performance.
- Establish a practice schedule to enhance the student-athletes skill level and turn in weekly countable hours reports according to NCAA policy.
- Establish game plans, plays, formations and strategy to best utilize student-athlete skills and strengths. Identify and develop best methods of instructing student-athletes on these approaches.
- Coach and supervise the Women's Volleyball team during scheduled practices, games, and other events.
- Establish team rules and expectations for student-athletes and develop a plan for enforcing those rules and monitoring individual and team progress.
- Proven record of successful coaching at the University level in Womens Volleyball, and a thorough knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain qualified student-athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a successful intercollegiate Womens Volleyball program within budget parameters.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds within the community.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.