An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior teaching standards. The Head Volleyball Coach will teach good sportsmanship as the number one priority on the athletic field. This Coach will work with faculty and staff to support players' academic and moral success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the sport within the school by recruiting athletes who are not in other sports programs.
- Promotes the sport outside the school through news media or in any other feasible manner.
- Responsible for the quality, effectiveness, and validity of any oral or written release to local media by way of the Principal and Gaston County Schools’ Communications Department.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments, and results.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels. Awareness of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies approved by the Gaston County Schools’ Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise the volleyball program.
- Must have superior knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Understands the growth and development of players at the assigned school.