This position recruits future athletes, coaches current student athletes, schedules games, and ensures proper public relations coverage of related events and represents the College during personal interviews with media representatives. This position will also be expected to adhere to compliance guidelines and training requirements associated with the Campus Security Act (CSA).
What You Will Do:
- Coaches student athletes; monitors their academic loads and helps student athletes navigate the OCC Admissions, Registration and Financial Aid processes.
- Schedules all practice sessions and oversees team personnel during varsity games; drives College vehicles to away games and is responsible for keeping stats.
- Records and reports medical injuries to the Athletic Administration.
- Coordinates and assumes responsibility for the issuance and collection of all equipment and supplies; conducts needs analysis and prepares an annual equipment and supplies report in preparation for the following season.
- Recruits high school athletes through collaborative relationships with high school contacts.
- Submits reports regarding statistical data for sporting events.
- Coordinates media publicity coverage and sporting event releases; provides personal interviews.
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Associates Degree or (60 college credits).
- Two years playing experience in High School or College.
- Three years' coaching experience in an organized league in the sport for ages 15 and up.
- Valid driver's license.
- Possession of First Aid/CPR Certification prior to the start of the season.