The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Head Coach of Women's Basketball is to provide a quality varsity program that will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of a Division I program.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the responsibilities of the Head Coach of Women's Basketball at Princeton University include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coach Women’s Basketball in a substantive manner that is consistent with the educational mission of the University.
- Engage in ethical and values-based coaching in order to develop the character and the skill of the University's student-athletes.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the sport, a sophisticated understanding of coaching strategies, and a demonstrated ability to enhance athlete development.
- Recruiting skills: ability to identify and successfully recruit student athletes within the framework of the University guidelines and policies.
- Work effectively with administrators, the support staff, and other coaches and programs within the Department of Athletics.
- Communicate effectively with various institutional constituencies (e.g., faculty, administration, students, parents, staff, alumni and friends) in order to strengthen programmatic integration with the University.
- Effectively operate a Division I varsity Women's Basketball program.
- Continue the development and oversight of the Friends Group.
- Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Successful background as a basketball coach.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational ability for practice and recruiting.
- An understanding of the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, properly implemented, can play in the educational development of our student-athletes.
- Commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
- Successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within one month of hire.
- Functional computer skills.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification subsequent to the date of hire.
- Advanced degree.
- Basketball coaching experience preferably at the collegiate level.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required