Under minimal supervision, directs, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties for an interscholastic sports program operating under NCAA Division II and conference operating bylaws and regulations. Directs and coordinates all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition, and oversees the planning and fiscal management of program activities. Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University's Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education. Evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel are required.
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of the women's basketball program.
- Manage all daily operations and coordinates all administration facets of the women's basketball program.
- Oversee all aspects of the financial operation the program including the annual operating and athletic aid budgets in compliance with the Athletic Department's and University's business procedures.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, trainings, and competitions including the scheduling of all home and away contests and team travel arrangements.
- Recruits student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through on-campus and off-campus recruiting activities.
- Monitor and review student-athletes' academic progress to ensure a successful rate of graduation.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues within the department of athletics and across the University including consultation with the sports information director, athletics training staff and team doctors.
- Supervise one graduate assistant.
- Represent the women's basketball program to various institutional programs and externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
- Participate in fund-raising opportunities for both the program and the Department of Athletics.
- Develop coaching skills by attending professional clinics and conventions.
- Take part in continuing NCAA compliance education
- Participate in all Department of Athletics staff meetings.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
As an individual employed in a coaching capacity in the athletics department, you are subject to the regulations of the NCAA. If at any time it is determined that you are in violation of such regulations, then by the provision of the NCAA enforcement procedures, you may be subject to corrective disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes, student-athlete eligibility, financial aid, amateurism, awards and benefits, playing season, as well as other areas of NCAA compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques and proven ability to assess skills of prospective student-athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to lead and guide Division II student-athletes in area of specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in budget preparation and management.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Christian Brothers University:
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
Please complete the online application and provide a cover letter, resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three references with your application.