Formulates, teaches, and coaches technical aspects of game preparation and game strategy for a Division I intercollegiate Athletic Program. Directs competitions, practice, administrative activities, alumni relations activities, and the recruitment process for student athletes.
- Develops a varsity program within the parameters of the structure and regulations of the Ivy League, the NCAA, and the University.
- Develops and determines the recruitment program for and final selection of athletic talent for the University.
- Formulates and sets policies governing the strategies of play and conditioning of student-athletes and ensures such goals are met.
- Trains and conditions student-athletes; determines the mental and physical condition of student-athletes and changes training methods if warranted. Independently determines and shapes the strategy, technical aspects, and game preparation; teaches team concepts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations
- Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students and alums
- Ability to organize and manage all facets of the program includes recruiting, scouting, individual instruction, budget planning, monitoring academic progress and success of student-athletes, and general day-to-day operations.