PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and training of the Women’s Basketball team, and
providing positive supervision and leadership for both practice and competitive activities.
- Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to the players’ mental, emotional, social and physical well-being.
- Serves as an example of competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
- Deals fairly and honestly with all persons concerned with Western Athletics and Women’s Basketball.
- Provides direction and assistance to student-athletes in achieving their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Assists the Athletic Director in monitoring, supervising and assisting with required student athlete study requirements.
- Participates in orientation, marketing events and other programs that support student engagement.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in a discipline specific area.
- Three years previous Women’s Basketball coaching experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of coaching basketball.
- History of coaching success and maintaining discipline as well as a supportive and professional relationship with players.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators and other members of the college community.