The Head Coach for Women’s Basketball is responsible for all aspects of operation and team management including recruitment, training, coaching, fundraising, and retention of quality student-athletes. The Head Coach must guide, develop, and provide leadership in all functions of an effective program.
- Provides leadership; organizes, directs and administers all aspects of the program.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits academically prepared students in accordance with College policies, MCCAA and NJCAA regulations.
- Supervises and evaluates assistant coaches and staff.
- Provides mentoring and academic oversight of student athletes to ensure retention and graduation.
- Encourages and nurtures success among student athletes in the areas of citizenship, academics, and athletics.
- Instructs players on rules, regulations, use of equipment, strategies, and proper technique.
- Organizes and manages quality practices on a reasonable schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certification required (or ability to receive certification).
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.