- Supervise and direct all aspects of a NCAA Division I women’s basketball program.
- Supervise the coaching staff and required duties.
- Recruit and develop student-athletes who will successfully represent the institution academically, athletically, and within the New Orleans community.
- Oversee the academic progress and development of student-athletes with an emphasis on progress towards graduation.
- Schedule all intercollegiate contests and team travel.
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program to attract outstanding student athletes to attend the University of New Orleans.
- Oversee all aspects of preseason, regular, and post-season practices and meet preparation by conducting skill, technique, mental and physical training to prepare for the highest levels of competition.
- Encourage and administer an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefits to the on and off campus community.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 8-10 years of basketball coaching or instruction.
- Significant knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Track record of recruiting student-athletes that contribute at a high level academically in the classroom.
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment with rules and policies of the NCAA, Southland Conference and University of New Orleans.
- Ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationship with players, administration, faculty, staff, alumni, and the public.
- Proven administrative, organizational, and recruiting skills.