The Head Coach position will give you the opportunity to provide leadership in the development and evaluation of the overall team and individual student-athletes. You will also be able to provide dynamic, strategic and visionary leadership designed to enhance student success through focus on an “Academics-first Agenda.”
- Recruits student-athletes for participation in intercollegiate athletics. Cooperates with the academic advisers to support the academic progress of the student-athlete.
- Implements the District wide Athletic Department strategy focused on an “Academics-first Agenda” designed to increase student-athlete success and assists the campus Athletic Director in monitoring student athlete academic progress. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring that they receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists players in reaching highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Recruits, counsels and advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Prepares the student athletes for competition through planning and conducting well organized practices and contests.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Physical Education or a related field, supplemented by 4-6 years of coaching and/or collegiate/professional playing experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within basketball.
- Coaching Certification Preferred.
- First Aid Certification Preferred.
- Current CPR/AED Certification by the American Heart Association or the Red Cross Required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning and leadership skills required.