Widener University, an NCAA Division III Commonwealth Conference member of the Middle Atlantic Conferences, is currently seeking a Head Coach of Women’s Cross Country – Track and Field, in the Department of Athletics. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this role provides support to Widener University Athletic Department and the Division of Academic and Student Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage an NCAA Division III Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field program in accordance with NCAA, Middle Atlantic Conference, and Widener University guidelines.
- Responsible for individual and team coaching, practice planning and event preparation, student-athlete evaluation, student academic monitoring, staff management, coordinating on and off campus recruiting, budget management, coordinating team travel and daily operations.
- Adjunct instructor for Physical Education.
- Department administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Three years of collegiate cross-country and track and field coaching experience at the Division III level or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A clean, valid driver’s license with evidence of insurability.
- Experience in recruiting and retention of collegiate student-athletes and student-athlete academic monitoring.
- Appropriate certifications in CPR and First Aid.