Wayne State University, an NCAA Division II member, located in the cultural district of Detroit, invites applications for the position of Head Coach, Women’s Golf.
- Demonstrate an ability to teach and develop student-athletes to represent the University and department with an emphasis on good character, with expected successful record of competitive achievement in win percentage and the professional standards expected by the department.
- Responsible for teaching advance level skills and game strategies.
- Responsible for planning, preparation, & scheduling of Competitions , including travel.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the program and will work closely with the sport supervisor to advance the program.
- Lead, direct and offer strategic insight into long-term viability and success of the program.
- Will work with the strength and conditioning staff to develop and condition student-athletes.
- Work collaboratively with training staff, academic resource personnel and compliance staff.
- Proven ability to recruit high caliber student-athletes with an emphasis on the urban setting and the University's strong academic standards reflected in its Carnegie I profile.
- Demonstrate good judgment in advising and counseling student athletes including working with the department's academic services unit to graduate student-athletes.