The University of Alabama at Birmingham's Department of Athletics invites applications in a national search for the position of Head Women's Golf Coach. This full-time position is responsible for leading, managing and administering all aspects of the Division I women's golf program in accordance with NCAA, conference and University rules and regulations while:
- Creating an atmosphere where graduation is facilitated through participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Teaching student-athletes to be productive citizens who contribute to society for life.
- Winning championships.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Four years of successful collegiate golf coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Professional playing experience.
- Division I golf playing experience.
- An understanding of and commitment to the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, when properly implemented, can play in the educational development of UAB student-athletes.
- Thorough knowledge of the game, a sophisticated understanding of coaching, and an ability to enhance player development.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics.
- Budget management experience.
- Ability to recruit qualified student-athletes to an academically competitive institution.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA Division I rules.