The Head Coach, Women’s Golf is responsible for planning, developing and managing the operations of a Division I women’s Golf program within Chicago State University’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Manage and direct the women’s golf program;
- Recruit, teach and demonstrate golf skills;
- Build and sustain positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty, alumni and staff;
- Prepare team for competitions and schedule games;
- Manage a fiscally sound budget;
- Monitor class schedules, grades and student-athlete academic progress;
- Work cooperatively with athletic personnel, attend department meetings and activities;
- Represent the university positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public;
- Adhere to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, Conference and the NCAA;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and/or demonstrate the following core competencies: accountability, attention to detail, budgeting and fiscal management, communication, compassion, conflict resolution, customer service orientation, dependability, developing others, diversity management, drive for results, flexibility, functional/technical skills, impact and influence, integrity, problem solving, self-management, student service delivery, teamwork and collaboration, and vision. As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the person assuming this position is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with institutional, conference and NCAA rules, both those general in nature and those which apply specifically to their job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and compliance with NCAA rules is a condition of employment in this position.