Under the general direction of the Director of Athletics, the head women’s ice hockey coach will recruit qualified student-athletes for the women’s ice hockey program, instruct and develop the student-athletes in the sport of ice hockey, prepare for games and assist in community involvement.
- Model and instruct student-athletes in departmental, College, Conference, and NCAA policies and procedures including Hood Honor Code, Alcohol Policy, Code of Conduct, Travel Policy, Conference bylaws and proceedings and NCAA guidelines.
- Organize and conduct practices during the traditional season (as defined by the National Collegiate Athletic Association) for the sport. Non-traditional (or out-of-season) season practices may be required with the assistance of GAs and assistant coaches.
- Develop team travel and security plans in compliance with departmental and College guidelines for safety and other requirements.
- Serve as the representative of the department and the College during team travel for in- and out-of-season competition. Supervise team during all travel, lead team during the event.
- Manage and account for budget. Submit required forms and reports to Director of Athletics and Accounting Department.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for team.
- Assure currency with NCAA regulations, Conference bylaws and proceedings, and departmental policies. Participate in NCAA and Conference meetings and voting procedures as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree and proven successful coaching, with 2-3 years’ experience preferred, preferably at the collegiate level or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience are required.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations preferred.
- Proven experience with working with female student-athletes highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.