The Head Coach for Women’s Ice Hockey is responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, and coaching the women’s ice hockey team within the rules of the University of New England and the NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Additional responsibilities include the recruitment and development of student-athletes.
- Plan, organize, direct, and lead the operations for the sport program including budgeting, traveling, counseling, teaching and coaching.
- Create budget expenditures for uniforms and equipment; follow budget plan and stay within planned amounts; complete accounting transactions for cash advances and other expenses.
- Schedule opponents and contact opposing coaches to verify dates.
- Demonstrate and communicate expertise and knowledge of sport.
- Remain open to discussing student concerns about the team and/or academic issues.
- Sustain a level of excellence in the quality of student experience and competitive success.
- Supervise assistant coach(es). Participate in conference calls and attend coaches’ meetings.
- Understand and comply with all University policies and guidelines; NCAA Division III policies, rules and regulations, and the Commonwealth Coast Conference requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with Master’s Degree preferred, and/or related educational and/or work experience.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience required; head coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to relate to and motivate student athletes, and to work with a variety of University staff, alumni and the outside community.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.