The Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach is responsible for providing leadership and supervision for all aspects of an NCAA Division I women’s lacrosse program by recruiting academically qualified prospective student-athletes, developing and implementing effective training session, practices and game strategies, educating and coaching student-athletes, and supporting student-athletes in their personal, academic and athletic development at Merrimack College.
1. Oversee all aspects of the women’s lacrosse program, demonstrating effective communication and planning, strong organizational and administrative skills, sound decision-making and visionary leadership.
2. Responsible for the recruitment of quality student-athletes to meet specified enrollment goals, which includes evaluating talent, visiting/communicating with prospective student-athletes and parents/guardians, planning on-campus visits and completing the appropriate forms and communicating with the athletic compliance office, as needed.
3. Determine athletic scholarship allocation for prospective student-athletes, working within requirements set and communicated by athletic administration.
4. Organize, plan and conduct effective and efficient team practices and individual skill instruction sessions with demonstrated ability to teach and instruct the sport.
5. Secure non-conference contests and build a competitive schedule; communicate schedule with sports administrator in advance for approval.
6. Responsible for preparing individual student-athletes and the team for competition; use video/technology to teach, improve and develop players as well as to scout opponents.
7. Demonstrate sound fiscal responsibility in the management of the department-approved budget for the program.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. NCAA collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred. Experience supporting athletes from underrepresented groups Demonstrated success as a lacrosse player with appropriate knowledge of the sport and experience teaching and developing skills and ability. Commitment to supporting the academic success and overall well-being of student-athletes. Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent administrative and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks by established deadlines. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion objective Ability to support students from underrepresented groups.
Merrimack College is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.