Coaches, supervises and develops an intercollegiate varsity team, including in-season and off-season programming, in accordance with institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and regulations of the athletic governing bodies. Creates a competitive and fiscally responsible schedule of intercollegiate competition.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, strategizes and oversees all practices and scheduled contests to provide a positive and competitive experience for student athletes.
- Develops a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Fosters the personal development and competitive spirit of the student athletes while supporting their educational experience.
- Emphasizes and promotes academic progress, resulting in strong academic performance, retention and graduation rates.
- Provides team supervision at all competitions. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department, and the university.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Moderate amount of experience with coaching, collegiate playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.