Coaches, supervises and develops an intercollegiate varsity team, including in-season and off-season programming, in accordance with institutional and departmental objectives within the rules and regulations of the athletic governing bodies. Creates a competitive and fiscally responsible schedule of intercollegiate competition.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, strategizes and oversees all practices and scheduled contests to provide a positive and competitive experience for student athletes.
- Develops a recruitment plan to identify and enroll student athletes that will create and sustain a successful, competitive athletic program.
- Establishes team rules and protocols and implements appropriately.
- Fosters the personal development and competitive spirit of the student athletes while supporting their educational experience.
- Emphasizes and promotes academic progress, resulting in strong academic performance, retention and graduation rates.
- Provides team supervision at all competitions. Interprets and implements the rules and regulations of the team, the department, and the university.
- Represents the university and team at all appropriate athletic events (e.g. competitions, conferences, and university sanctioned programs).
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Moderate amount of experience with coaching, collegiate playing or other related experience.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.