Responsible for the overall organization, coaching, instruction, supervision, and administration of an NCAA Division III Women's Lacrosse program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend conference scheduling meetings as requested by the Director of Athletics.
- Instructing student-athletes in the rules, fundamentals, and team concepts of women's lacrosse.
- Planning, organizing, and coaching student-athletes in practice and contest situations.
- Practice and game preparation
- Recruit talented and qualified student-athletes with the rules and principles of the NCAA and University and engage in retention efforts.
- Monitor and promote exceptional academic progress of team members.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years coaching and related administrative experience required.
- The successful candidate will possess highly developed organizational skills, efficiency in computer usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all aspects of the intercollegiate program.
- Must promote and foster an environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must embrace diversity in all forms by actively promoting a culture of inclusiveness and striving for justice in your actions as a reflection of Salve's mission and the Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy.