Responsible for all aspects of planning, managing and developing a successful intercollegiate sports program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University. This is a full-time position, with a general schedule including the traditional season, non-traditional season, and recruiting efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate team and individual performance. Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Attend coaches meetings and other University meetings as necessary or required.
- Oversee the selection, purchase, fitting and maintenance of team equipment including uniforms, and supplies. Submit equipment and budget requests to the Director of Athletics.
- Ensure the safety of student-athletes and staff through careful monitoring of the condition of equipment and facilities utilized by the designated sport.
- Develop a competitive schedule in conjunction with the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate team travel.
- Prepare game plans based on scouting reports and team evaluation.
- Monitor the eligibility status and promote the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Compile data, report statistical data after each game/season.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Exercise and Sports Science, Physical Education, Sports Management or other related field.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.