The Head Women’s Rugby Coach at Long Island University will be responsible for all aspects of supervision and management of the NCAA Division 1 women’s rugby program including the recruitment, development and academic advancement of student-athletes, strategic preparation for intercollegiate competition and the fiscal administration of the team budget.
- Recruit highly qualified prospective student-athletes who demonstrate the potential to be successful academically and productive members of the women’s rugby program;
- Mentor and monitor student-athlete development both on and off the field; ensuring academic and athletic success, citizenship, sportsmanship and positive values;
- Perform all functions related to the scouting, video review, strategic preparation and game-plan execution for intercollegiate competition in accordance with NCAA and any applicable conference regulations;
- Manage assistant coaches/staff working directly with the program including direct involvement with the hiring, supervision and scheduling of all program personnel;
- Maintain the program’s operating budget and the development and implementation of a fundraising strategic plan;
- Maintain effective and productive relationships within the University and the Department of Athletics, including the athletic training/strength and conditioning staff, compliance coordinator, athletic media relations staff, home events coordinator and all other staff members responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Department of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years (within the past five years) of previous collegiate rugby coaching experience.