The head coach oversees all aspects of the structure, leadership, and administration of the intercollegiate athletic program in a manner that aligns with the mission and values of the University and Athletics department. This position recruits and works to retain student-athletes; monitors student-athletes’ academic progress; strives for competitive success; manages the budget; oversees coaching staff; and verifies the program’s compliance with University and governing body guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies, evaluates, and recruits student-athletes for success at Lindenwood University.
- Imparts to student-athletes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and knowledge essential to the sport.
- Produces a high-performing team capable of meeting and maintaining competitive expectations as determined by the University athletic administration.
- Acts in accordance with the athletic code of conduct and exhibits a professional and sportsman-like manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adheres to the policies, procedures, bylaws, regulations, and rules of Lindenwood University, Intercollegiate Athletics, and the program’s governing body.
- Completes all program administrative responsibilities according to procedures.
- Operates a fiscally responsible program; provides leadership for the team’s fundraising activities and program advancement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate-level coaching experience preferred.