The Head Coach of Women’s Rugby directs all aspects of the intercollegiate Women’s Rugby team including coaching, recruiting, scheduling, program administration and budgeting. Additional responsibilities may include performing administrative duties as assigned at the discretion of the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree (Physical Education or related field) preferred OR a minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the post secondary level and/or professional competitive experience.
- Knowledge of women’s rugby skills and strategy and the ability to effectively teach them.
- Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student-athletes.
- Willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified candidates to Bowdoin.
- Commitment to being a positive member of the Athletics Department, the College community and the ability to influence athletes to do the same.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and NESCAC rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
- Administrative skills such as prioritization, organization, and budgeting are needed.
- The coach must be self directed and motivated and be able to work independently and work under pressure.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the standards of the College’s current Motor Vehicle Policy is required.