This position is responsible for oversight of all phases of the Division I Women’s Soccer program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Provide student-athletes with appropriate coaching by imparting knowledge of the game and strategies for success.
- Utilize video and other technology to provide instruction.
- Design and implement skill instruction drills for individual and team practices.
- Provide oversight (or designate an oversight) for training and team-building activities.
- Create a positive educational environment.
- Encourage student-athletes to participate in the personal growth opportunities offered by the institution and the department.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching Women’s Soccer is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success.