The Head Coach; administers, coordinates, and recruits for the athletic program. Provides the leadership and coaching expertise that is required in preparing the basketball team to represent the College in an exemplary manner at all practice sessions and scheduled intercollegiate athletic contests. Monitors student athlete study hall and provides on campus assistance for all student athletes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least four (4) years of experience coaching/assistant coaching at the high school or collegiate level. Volunteer coaching/assistant coaching experience will also be accepted.
- Must have complete knowledge of current coaching strategies and techniques.
- Be certified in Adult CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Possess a suitable motor vehicle driving record to ensure for the safe and legal transportation of student athletes and coaching staff.
- Provide the leadership and coaching expertise that is required to prepare a competitive team to represent the College in an exemplary manner at all practice sessions and scheduled intercollegiate athletic contests.
- Encourage and promote student athletes to make academic progress and attend all classes. Develop both positive and punitive actions to promote academic progress and class attendance.
- Apply all rules and regulations governing eligibility and alcohol/drug use as required by the College; the Intercollegiate Athletic department, and all conference and associations in which membership is held.
- Apply all rules and regulations regarding budget, squad size; length of season; number of contests per week; number of pre-season practice contests; number of pre-season, in-season, and post-season tournaments; total number of seasonal contests, etc.
- Develop practice schedules and directly supervise squad members during practice sessions, scheduled intercollegiate athletic contests, and/or travel, starting at the beginning date for practice sessions and continuing to the last scheduled date of competition.
- Work cooperatively with the college administration and athletic department. Keep the athletic administration abreast of any relevant issues associated with your team and/or sport.