Fulfills the mission of Norwich University by coaching and administering the Women's Soccer program. The Head Coach - Women's Soccer is responsible for all aspects of the management of the program.
- Organizes and implements practice plans and game management systems.
- Hires, supervises, mentors, and evaluates assistant coaches.
- Assists in scheduling league and non-league contests and scrimmages.
- Makes all team related travel and lodging arrangements. Ensures proper conduct of team members at all times while representing Norwich during team travel.
- Assists the equipment manager with the selection and purchase of equipment, uniforms and apparel. Follows guidelines and requirements regarding authorized use of university and department logos and mark, along with equipment safety requirements.
- Communicates with athletic training staff regarding student-athlete injuries. Follows direction provided by athletic trainers regarding athletes' ability to practice or compete, and supports rehab and return to play activities and timelines.
- Demonstrates proper sideline decorum, models good sportsmanship, and maintains positive relationships with officials/referees, assignors.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere where academics are prioritized. Monitors academic progress of student athletes, and communicates as needed with professors and academic support personnel.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree in a related field is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in soccer coaching is preferred.
- Coaching experience in a collegiate environment is preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience in soccer is strongly desired.
- Must be knowledgeable of all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience in speaking with small and large groups.
- Experience with fundraising activities preferred.
- AED, CPR, and First Aid certification and NCAA Rules Test is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook). Experience with Banner, Argos, and Slate of similar software preferred.