The head coach for women’s soccer is responsible for the planning and management of all phases of Muhlenberg’s intercollegiate women’s soccer program, including recruitment of student athletes and planning and managing a competitive NCAA Division III program, in accordance with College and NCAA policies.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage a competitive NCAA Division III program in accordance with College, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies.
- Regular communication with the assistant director of athletics for recruitment and retention, and understanding of NCAA and admissions rules and regulations.
- Provide excellence in coaching, along with the necessary counsel and direction, which will ensure that student-athletes have the opportunity to realize their potential as athletes, students and members of the general college community.
- Create positive support for the program within the campus community and outside constituencies including alumni, parents and friends of Muhlenberg College.
- Work with Director of Athletics to develop an annual professional development plan that will ensure awareness of trends, best practices, new information, etc. related to athletics, recreation, student development, leadership and diversity and inclusion practices and skills.
- Lead and participate in Divisional and College-wide committees and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years relevant coaching experience required.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the Division III philosophy of athletics and adherence to NCAA regulations regarding operation of athletic programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Capacity to market the sport to the various constituencies.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- As part of the College’s sequential approach for the health and safety of our campus community, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire (absent an approved medical or religious exemption).