The main responsibility of the head coach is recruiting and maintaining a roster of eligible student athletes for the women’s soccer program which requires relationship building through the county high schools to reach coaches, students, and parents. Also responsible for the management, coaching and supervision of Women’s Soccer Program and its student athletes and staff. Responsible for supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of the college.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop strategies to recruit student athletes.
- Learn the NJCAA eligibility requirements for student athletes.
- Hold organizational team meetings.
- Assess student skills and assign team positions.
- Develop regular practice schedule and organize practice time to develop to provide both individual and team development.
- Determine game strategy based on team’s capabilities.
- Work with the Athletic Director and/or Athletic Trainer in scheduling facilities/venues for practices and competitions.
- May supervise assistant coaches.
- Coach and instruct students, individually or in groups, regarding rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a head soccer coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level.
- Effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with college staff and student athletes.
- Supervisory experience.
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive.