This position requires an individual who is capable of applying the knowledge and experiences relevant to coaching with a minimum reliance upon “on-the-job” growth. The primary responsibilities of this position include pre- and post-season conditioning, recruiting, team and travel supervision, and coaching the Women’s Intercollegiate Soccer Team during both practices and games.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the preparation and training of the Women’s Soccer team.
- Coordinates and provides positive supervision and leadership for practice and competitive activities. Coordinates, and evaluates practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to the players’ mental, emotional, social and physical well-being.
- Serves as an example of competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
- Deals fairly and honestly with all persons concerned with Western Wyoming Athletics and Women’s Soccer.
- Provides direction and assistance to student-athletes in achieving their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Assists the Athletic Director in monitoring, supervising and assisting with required Student-Athlete study requirements.
- Participates in orientation, marketing events and other programs that support student engagement.
- Completes all paperwork required by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), including athletic eligibility reports and reports of team statistics in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to NJCAA and other relevant sports rules.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Previous Women’s Soccer coaching experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of coaching soccer.
- History of coaching success and maintaining discipline as well as a supportive and professional relationship with players.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and other members of the college community.
- Experience that would relate to working effectively with booster club organizations in the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to interact supportively with players while extracting optimum achievement.