Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference, and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Organize and direct all activities of an assigned varsity sport.
- Counsel and advise student-athletes with academic or personal problems.
- Direct the recruitment of prospective high school student-athletes to Eastern Michigan University.
- Supervise assistant coaches and any non-coaching, sport-specific personnel.
- Assist in the scheduling of athletic contests.
- Determine the amount and quality of equipment and supplies to be ordered.
- Perform various community service functions such as clinic and speaking engagements.
- Perform fundraising activities.
- Monitor all expenditures associated with the varsity team budget.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Three years of experience (i.e., recruitment, scheduling, fundraising, and training) in the assigned sports program is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA policies is necessary.