Salem Academy and College, the oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the country by its founding date of 1772, invites applications for Head Coach for Women’s Softball. The Head Coach will develop, implement and manage the overall day-to-day operations of the women’s softball program, including teaching skills and strategies for the specific sport during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day operations of the women’s softball team, including teaching skills and strategies for the specific sport during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to develop a highly competitive team.
- Organize and direct a comprehensive student-athlete support program including promotion of the program, leadership development and student-athlete motivation through programs such as the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Monitor and oversee the academic development of soccer student-athletes, ensuring academic progress to graduation.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s Preferred).
- Three – four years collegiate coaching and/or playing experience required.
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test for Coaches in a timely manner.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR (AED).
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as play and practice season schedule dictates.
- Experience with FrontRush recruiting database management.