The appointee will plan, organize, direct, and monitor all activities of the intercollegiate women’s softball program in compliance with National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) guidelines. The role includes recruitment, conditioning, and training of the student-athletes and is responsible for student-athlete behavior/conduct and academic eligibility.
- Model, promote, and encourage the development of individual Christian character, personal integrity, fair play, teamwork, good sportsmanship, and leadership skills among participating student athletes.
- Organize and participate in team Christian service projects.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes for each academic year.
- Supervise assistant coaches, athletic assistant student workers assigned by the Athletic Director, and game volunteers.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, rules, procedures, and policies for the program as established by the NCCAA and Johnson University Florida.
- Train student-athletes in conditioning, skills and strategy development.
- Schedule practices and competitions.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, arrange for travel with team to off-campus competitions, and travel with team.
- Technical knowledge in all aspects of coaching softball; effective oral and written communication skills with demonstrated success in recruiting student-athletes.
- Awareness of various learning styles.
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- CPR Certification
- Valid driver’s license with ability to drive vans for tournaments, games, team events, etc.