Queens University of Charlotte’s Royals begin their four-year transitional period into the Division I ASUN Conference on July 1, 2022 and becomes the only North Carolina school to play in the ASUN. Queens seeks qualified candidates to lead its Women’s Tennis program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct all activities involved with running Queens’ Women’s Tennis program in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Provide instruction and development for individual and team improvement, analyze athlete performance, and prepare student-athletes for the highest possible levels of competition.
- Recruit student-athletes within compliance regulations and Queens’ academic admissions standards.
- Adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations for the sport.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance to ensure academic success and policy compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Queens’ strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes.
- Coordinate activities for all home and away competition including team travel plan, lodging and equipment inventory.
- Serve as primary budget manager for program operations.
- Collegiate Women’s Tennis and/or coaching experience and proven ability to transfer the knowledge and skills gained to student athletes in a way that supports their academic pursuits first and foremost and ensures their wellbeing and growth in the sport.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proven skills in recruiting student athletes that prioritize their academic goals with their athletic growth, competition and involvement with the general student body for the betterment of all.
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.