Serves as Head Coach, Women’s Tennis. Assumes additional administrative duties as assigned by the Associate VP for Athletics and Athletics Advancement or his/her designee.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Administers Women’s Tennis and coordinates all related activities, which includes recruiting, scheduling, practice sessions, and equipment purchases in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics.
- Planning and coaching practice sessions and games; teaches advanced-level skills and game strategies.
- Identifies and recruits qualified student-athletes.
- Counsels students on general and sport-related matters. Refers students to appropriate sources, when necessary.
- Monitors academic progress of student athletes; collaborates with student success advisors; serves as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; makes him/herself available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events. Establishes relationship with faculty and develops ongoing system of communication.
- Develops and maintains liaison relationship with Health Services, Residential Education, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, and other appropriate departments in order to facilitate program development and management for student athletes.
- Represents the College and Women’s Tennis at on and off campus events, including recruiting events, showcases, and alumni functions.
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in associated field.
- At least 4-6 years of coaching experience.
- Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Babson College rules.
- Current safety certifications (CPR/First Aid/AED) and Concussion recognition training required or must be obtained within the first three months of employment.
- Blood Bourne Pathogen training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must be maintained yearly throughout time in the position.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate via phone.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Drive/Docs and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Calendar).
- Creates an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deals with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciates open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.