The Head Coach Women’s Tennis is responsible for the development, implementation, and promotion of a successful sport program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach and train the members of the team during practices and competitions. Assess skills and instruct athletes on technique.
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Identify, evaluate, contact, and meet student-athletes and parents. Set up campus visits and attend competitions to observe prospects.
- Organize, plan and schedule daily practices and drills. Implement plan for game preparation; determine game strategy.
- Collaborate with athletic staff and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student- athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Schedule competitions and develop travel plans. Manage budget.
- Develop and promote summer camps.
- Participate in fund raising and alumni relations activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, education or in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- CPR and safety certifications
- A minimum of five years of athletic coaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.