The Track & Field Coach is responsible for coaching, recruiting, conditioning, and training student athletes. The Coach works under the supervision of the Director of Athletics.
- Use coaching and teaching methods to develop student athlete's skills, character and teamwork.
- Supervise/conduct practices, contests and travel to ensure student safety.
- Schedule and organize team related activities.
- Encourage and support in-season and out-of season conditioning and fitness sessions for each team member. These would be voluntary and required team sessions during and after the season within the NCAA guidelines.
- Promotes players for recognition at institutional, conference and national level for academic and athletic recognition.
- Develop team strategy and analyze performance of student athletes. Provide constructive feedback to student athletes.
- Plan, coordinate and attend competitions and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Two (2) years experience in coaching or related activities.
- Knowledge of National Collegiate Athletics Association regulations, specifically Division III.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, analyze situations and develop solutions.
- Must be available to travel and work non-traditional hours.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course (within 15 days of hire) and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.