Recruits, selects and monitors student-athletes. Primary focus is on student athletes' academic success, teaching the sport of volleyball at the collegiate level and development as good citizens and representatives of the College. Follows rules and guidelines in strict accordance with the NJCAA and MCCAA. Develops preliminary budget, schedule, travel and equipment needs. In conjunction with the Athletic Director, works to establish fundraising goals and promotional visibility of the College.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- College level playing and coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication, motivational and organization skills.
- Team-building abilities and working in a collaborative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and maintains a full roster of eligible student-athletes.
- Builds relationships with high school coaches to increase pipeline not just of interested athletes, but all potential students for SMC.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student-athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.