The person in this position will manage all aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, team travel, equipment/apparel purchasing, staff supervision (if applicable), payroll, academic monitoring, fundraising, alumni engagement, community service efforts, and general supervision of student-athletes.
- Collegiate playing experience strongly preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate, high school, and/or club level preferred.
- Minimum of three years of coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Strong initiative, detail, and follow-up skills with student-athletes, staff members, and administration.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Oversees all aspects of the sport program.
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members. Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Manages game-day preparation and scouting of opponents. Coordinates development of a competitive and balanced schedule.
- Manages team within framework of established budget by purchasing equipment/apparel, uniforms, supplies, and other services.
Arcadia prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, gender identity, military or military veteran status, disability, family medical or genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.