Responsible for the management and administration of the intercollegiate Volleyball program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Horizon League and the NCAA.
- Use expert technical knowledge of Volleyball to develop and coach a successful program, including the development of high quality student-athletes, as well as demonstrating athletic excellence.
- Establish a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other supportive staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Organize and supervise practice, conditioning, and workouts. Oversee home events and manage travel for away events.
- Assist with the preparation and control of, and operate within, the budget established for respective sport.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Assist with the coordination of admissions with the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and the Office of Enrollment Management. Develop a positive working relationship with faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in coaching Volleyball.
- Commitment to NCAA and University rules.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Motivates student-athletes to receive a quality experience both in the classroom and in intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Dedicated to enhancing the intellectual, social, and personal development of Robert Morris University student-athletes.
- Promotes academic achievement, good sporting and ethical conduct, and equitable opportunity for students and staff, including women and minorities.