The head coach will provide leadership and direct the sport of Women’s Volleyball maintaining the competitive success of the Syracuse program while following all applicable NCAA and ACC rules and promoting a culture of compliance within the program.
- Recruit and develop talented players who can meet the academic profile of Syracuse University while growing their personal and athletic achievements.
- Support and monitor the academic growth in conjunction with the academic support staff.
- Maintain a balanced budget while playing a competitive schedule of non-conference opponents and ACC schools.
- Schedule and conduct regular season practice and strength and conditioning as permitted by NCAA rules.
- Oversee the conditioning and training sessions, in conjunction with sports medicine and strength and conditioning, to ensure the student-athletes are physically prepared for competition.
- Arrange for a competitive competition schedule that places the team in a position to win the ACC Championship and qualify and advance in the NCAA Championship competition.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) plus years of successful coaching at the collegiate level, preferably Division 1, and preferably with head coaching experience.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability to recruit highly skilled, academically prepared student-athletes.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and computer skills are essential.